Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A day in the life of . . .

This is more or less what a typical day for me would look like:

08:00 wake up
08:30 first cup of coffee – I love coffee!
09:00 meal 1 – I have a set meal plan so everyday the same, except Sundays!
1 piece of fruit
30g oatmeal
200mL milk
20g raisins

09:30 second cup of coffee
09:45 bike to Papendal for practice number one
10:00 – 12:30 training (running and throwing events)
12:30 bike home
12:45 meal 2
50g muesli
200mL yogurt
2 kiwi

13:00 - 13:45 shower, check email
13:45 – 15:00 mid-day nap
15:15 meal 3
2 slices of bread
1 slice cheese
1 hard boiled egg without the yolk
100g cucumber
1 grapefruit

15:30 third cup of coffee
15:45 bike to Papendal for practice number two
16:00 – 18:00 training (weights, knee work, jumps)
18:00 meal 4 protein shake
15g protein
5g glutamine
150mL milk
18:15 bike home
18:30 shower
19:15 meal 5
50g pasta/rice/Chinese noodles
75g meat (chicken/beef/salmon)
200g vegetables
19:45 relax, check email, watch a movie or some tv, read if I’m not too exhausted!
22:30 meal 6
2 slices of bread
30g chicken
1 banana
23:00 to bed I go!

So if you are looking for me, I am either eating, training or sleeping!

I love it :>

Your Athlete,
Susan

5 comments:

  1. Dear Susan,
    Hi my name is Danielle I go to queen mary public school!I am in grade six and in Mr.Woollacotts class! It is great to be writing to you.
    Wow you do a lot of stuff in a day!
    I suprised you don't just break down crying.
    You are my role model I want to be a athlete, a popstar or alawyer when I grow up.
    I have a question for you... Why do grown ups like coffee so much it is like they live on coffee.
    Your blog is awesome. Track and feild for me started in grade four,in grade four I won a ribbon High jump 3rd place,and shotput 6th place,and in grade five I won a ribbon which was in high jump 3rd place.
    I hope I win a ribbon this year.
    You so totally Rock!
    Sincerely,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    Thanks for your support. It is really encouraging for me to read your post! I do work hard and I do love it, but it isn't always easy. Some days I do break down and that's what this week's post is about ... but like I've mentioned before, I think strength of character is having the courage to keep going even when it's hard and trust you'll be stronger for it.
    Looking forward to meeting you and your classmates in just over a week!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. congratulations on your ribbons! I remember when I was back at QM and won my first ribbons ... I still have them at home! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan I am Abby.I just read a comment.I go to Queen Mary like you did.I think you are amazing.Last week or was it this week you came to our school.I have a question for you why where you when you were a kid interested in sports. Sincerely, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Susan its me Abby again I just wanted to ask you 2 more questions.1 do you have a sister and what is her name?2 if you where not an athlete what would you be?And I just wanted to say your the best.Sincerely,Abby

    ReplyDelete