Monday, August 31, 2009

Champion In Woerden!

Hello,

Susan Coltman is back and has a new personal record of 5895 points! This weekend I was the champion of Woerden International Combined Events Competition and took my first podium finish at the senior level! It was a solid collection of results, with just hurdles and high jump as personal event records, but overall enough to amount to a six point improvement in my overall score, raising it from 5889 points to 5895 points!


After my share of disappointments and frustration this past season, I cannot fully express what a feeling it is to have been out there this weekend with a smile on my face event to event and enjoying my talents and seeing the benefit of just relaxing and letting a good performance happen! Thanks to my coach Bart Bennema and to Tom Patrick, sport psychologist, for bringing me to this moment!

I found this quote today, and I think it is very appropriate to share at this moment: Robert H. Schuller - "Tough times never last, but tough people do."

Tomorrow I fly back to Canada and take a small rest, before some serious training leading into the Francophone Games - October 03/04.

Your Athlete,
Susan

4 comments:

  1. Yipee!!!! It is so great that you won. I was at my cottage and did not follow the standings but I knew you had a competition coming up wondered how you did.YOU ROCK!!!!!
    - Mackenzie
    P.S. When are the olympic qualifications?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congratz it is so awesome you won you deserve it!You rock!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan:

    How did the francophone games go? I'd like to update the Queen Mary page. Have you made a decision about your training?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lisa,

    I will try post a blog later toady or tomorrow. I unfortunately didn't get the chance to compete. Three days before the competition I was training my last speed session and tore my hamstring. I was determined to still start, but with all the medical and physio, it wasn't enough. Hamstring tears can only heal with time, no pain injections or anything the doctors could do to speed things up. So, now I will start resting and working with the doctors in Toronto to recover. New season will start in 4-6 weeks!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete