Tuesday, October 27, 2009

As A New Season Approaches ...

Hello All,

As a new season approaches, I am about to put this one behind me! My hamstring is coming along really well. As of last Friday, the ultrasound revealed that the tear is down to 4mm x 2mm and there is no scar tissue left. I have had two series of plasma injections, weekly massage, and started with physiotherapy to work eccentric load on the muscle. In the next 2-3 weeks I should be able to put this injury behind me and feel stronger and wiser to start a new season.

In the coming weeks I'll complete a stress test with my sport psychologist and determine my level of stress whether I've rested enough to start a new season! And where that will be ... I still don't know. I am in conversation with a couple coaches and will know for sure in the coming weeks. So stay posted!

I hope you are all doing well. I hope those of you who competed in the cross country meet performed well and had some fun out there with your fellow runners! Keep up the great work!

Your Athlete,
Susan

2 comments: